Tuesday 10 December 2013

A 'Close' shave ....for her!

"Utsa, look here, I've come!! "
She won't look!
"It's been a long time you're angry dear....!"
She buried her face even more!
"Sweetheart, I am sorry ..... Please forgive me! "

I was still being ignored by her.


 My beloved Utsa was cross with me , for the singular reason, that on the previous day, we had gotten close enough while cuddling...& we had rubbed our cheeks passionately,forgetting all about the stubble , that I was growing over a few days! As the sharp beard ends grazed against her tender cheek,with a loud shriek of "OUUUUCCHHH",  she had torn away from my embrace, looking disgustedly at my face, while clutching her bruised cheek! Tear had welled up in her eyes, & she had left the room, shouting "Go away, I don't want to see you.....go!" I had left in utter bewilderment! 

But I had learnt my lesson! So, the very next day,I had got rid of the stubble & turned up in her room , wanting to resume our camaraderie! 

But till now, my efforts were in waste. From the very moment of my entering, she had not even turned to look at me,hiding her face in her hands.

Getting closer to her , I grabbed her hand. She instantly started vehement protests to wriggle away! Gently, but firmly, I put her soft fingers to my cheek! 

Now, she no longer protested. In a fraction of a second , she was staring at me , with those round little eyes! A radiant smile spread across her face as she surveyed my smooth countenance. My clean shaven look had bowled  her over . She leapt onto my lap & voluntarily rubbed her cheek , happily against mine! 

My three-year old niece Utsa & me were best friends again !! :) 



Utsa & a clean-shaven me ...pose for a Selfie , post our reconciliation 




# This is my first post as part of the Protest Against Smelly Stubble (P.A.S.S.) in association with BlogAdda.


#This is to acknowledge Sammya Brata's tag in his post 'It is a Small World.....'

# I would like to tag 5 bloggers here and invite them to express their view on the P.A.S.S. movement through their individual blog posts (post length 200-300 words). They are Anita, Preethi , Sammya , Jahid & Abhishek .

6 comments:

  1. Really nice story with a great pic, Titas!
    Thanks for tagging me. I shall respond to your Tag shortly. Have a couple of tags to clear first :)
    Best wishes for the contest :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tagged you in my story too! Please do accept & respond! :)
      http://anitaexplorer.blogspot.in/2013/12/the-perfect-guy-to-make-pass.html

      Delete
  2. Wow...i just did a small survey and quite a few people cam back with the reason of wanting to be friendly with children as one of main reasons to shave.
    Your niece is such a cute...
    I have tagged you in my PASS initiative. Please do acknowledge my tag and tag me back if you wish
    http://icynosure.blogspot.com/2013/12/5-reasons-men-should-shave.html

    ReplyDelete